Settings Menu

 Author: Cameron Taylor

I was tasked to make a settings menu to allow the player to change their settings as easily as possible. The biggest issue I had was not with the buttons, but rather renderer not wanting to cooperate and show the correct assets on the screen. Those said assets also didn't like centering correctly since the entire pipeline was made on a custom engine. There was no support to allow auto-aligning or special effects for certain objects/text.

To fix this I needed to make different game states so that the renderer knew which textures to draw on the screen and update accordingly. I also needed to do a lot more math than I would've liked to in order to fix the centering on each object. I added checks to make sure that I centered objects correctly with different offsets rather than having an engine do all the math for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adding assets to every enemy -- Owen Meyers

Sphere to AABB collision