Skill Tree tabs and Weapon HUD

 Author: Cameron Taylor

Although a single tab in the skill tree worked, I needed to make every tab work. An issue I ran into right away was that every asset was layered on top of each other. I also had to split up the buttons into their own chunks of code so that overlapping buttons that were in the same space wouldn't be clicked unless they were enabled through code. I also had an issue with displaying the correct currently displayed weapon and ammo count since the current pipeline would display any text given at it.



To fix the layering assets I needed to attach and ID to each asset so that the render pipeline would only display them if I told that renderer that we want to display that ID. I then added switch and if checks into the update code that runs every frame so that only specific text will be added to the pipeline if a certain weapon was equipped. This is a sneaky way to fix it instead of keeping all code on the GPU at all times, but it works fine and runs very fast still.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adding assets to every enemy -- Owen Meyers

Sphere to AABB collision