Linker Errors and Merging

 Cameron Taylor

When I was trying to integrate new code for the project I needed to include different OOP classes so that all the information can be shared correctly. The first issue is that three of us were putting the includes in the header file when we needed those files and this worked fine for the time. The second issue is that we weren't completely communicating with what was being included. This combined together was a mess I needed to solve by moving tons of includes into the cpp files and moving some functions around so that everything could work smoothly (although build time is still slow). This issue mainly came to light when I needed to merge with other branches too.

Like I said above the way to solve these issues was to move the includes into the cpp file. I also made sure that nothing was including intermediary that intermediary was also including since this was instantly making so many things crash. Then when merging I just brute force fingered through the code and figured out what was needed and what wasn't. This obviously took more time than I would have liked, but in the end got everything merged and then had the person I merged from pull back from me without any issues.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adding assets to every enemy -- Owen Meyers

Sphere to AABB collision